Friday, June 8, 2012

38 Weeks Update

This past month has literally flown by.  I’ve been really bad at updating.  Well, I would start a new post and then I would never finish it.  So I’m just going to start from where I’m at now.    Lots of things have happened and are happening.  My last day of work was on last Thursday.  I thought it wouldn’t be easy and I wouldn’t care, but I kind of got a little choked up.  I know I had my struggles with work and the people there, but it’s always sad leaving.  I even cried when I hugged Niki, the one person at work who I was close to.  But its all for the best,  I needed the rest before the baby and I was unhappy there most of the time.   Parts of me wants to go back to work, but I’m really excited to be able to stay at home with the baby.   I never got to do that with Mills, we are at a point where we are financially able to do it and I want to take advantage while we can. 
 I’m about to be 39 weeks tomorrow!!  I had my last appointment with my doc before my c-section.  Being at a military hospital unfortunately its highly unlikely that you get the same doc during your whole pregnancy and delivery.  When I was scheduled for my delivery I found out the doc who was going to be there and was scheduled an appointment with him so I could meet him.  On Tuesday was my appointment.  He was really nice, young, and he was surprisingly good looking!  I know that sounds funny, but I’ve dealt with lots of military docs since being married to a service man for 9 years, none of them have EVER been good looking.  It was just kind of funny.  I talked to my friend Len about it and she joked that it was good that I wasn’t having a vaginal delivery since he was cute!  She makes a good point! 
Last night my parents came into town!!!!  I’m so unbelievably grateful that they are here.  It was all really last minute kind of trip, initially they were supposed to come here in Oct. with my brother and sister to visit.  I’ll start from the beginning.  About 2 months ago I talked with Len about watching Mills when I got into labor.  She first told me that she might not be here because she had some stuff going on  back in Guam.  I told her it was fine and I’ll plan for someone else to watch her.   We went back and forth for a lil bit and ultimately she told me that she will be here if I told her I needed her.  So I told her I needed her, so she said she will be here and not plan to go to Guam.  Fast forward to a few weeks ago, she tells me that I need to think of a back up person to watch Mills because she might not be here!!  WTF???  To be honest, I was really upset.  I was at work tearing up because I felt like the rug had been pulled from under me.   I needed to find someone to watch Mills in a matter of weeks!  I don’t have any other close friends here and I didn’t just want to drop Mills off with some strangers.  I would feel horrible brining her over to stay with someone she didn’t know.  That is what really made me feel scared about the situation.  Worst come to worst, I was thinking that we would bring Mills with us and I would just go into the operation alone.  Another thing is that I am having a c-section, so I’m going to be in the hospital for a few days, which would mean so would Amelia.  I just was really at a loss.  So I called my mom and pleaded her to come here to watch Mills for us.  At first my mom said she couldn’t come, I really wasn’t surprised I mean she would have to be here in 2 weeks and it would be unrealistic for her to drop everything.  But after a few days she called me and told me that she and my dad were coming, that they were going to be here because I needed them.  I’m just so thankful that they are here, ever since I found out that they were coming I felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders and the stress melted away.  On another note, its been great having them here, its only been a day.  They’ve totally helped me with Mills, I just don’t have the energy these days and they keep her occupied and happy and are able to focus lots of attention on her.  I know she loves it too.  When I first was hit with the news Morgan kept telling me it will all work out, and in the end it really did.
On Monday I’m scheduled for my c-section.  I can’t believe its going to happen in only a few short days!!!  I can’t wait to meet this lil boy!!


Post a Comment