Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never Forget

Today marks the 11 year anniversary of September 11th. I can still remember that day so clearly. It was my senior year of high school and I was in my government class and after the planes hit the whole school was let out. I remember everything being closed. For the rest of the day Morgan and I hung out at my house and watched the news. All TV that day was covering the September 11th attacks. I remember feeling violated. I was no where near the attacks, I didn't know anyone that was directly hurt or affected by the attacks. But I was an American and I was hurt for all those who lost their lives. It was just such a surreal day. It felt like I was living in a movie.

Morgan joined the Navy the following August after the attacks. Being a Navy wife, this day every year hits home. I think of the thousands of people who lost their lives that day and the years after as a direct result of the attacks. Morgan has been to Iraq and I know others who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan once and several times. I'm proud to be an American and I am a proud Navy wife. I thank those who have given their lives to defend our country and our way of life. I remember those who died on this terrible day. Never Forget. 9.11.2001

0 comments:

Post a Comment