Friday, February 14, 2014

He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me not, HE LOVES ME ...

Ahh love day... A total Hallmark holiday. LOL. Come on people, we don't need a day to show the people we love how much they mean to us by giving them chocolate and flowers!!!  Ok, maybe we do! LOL.  I know a lot of people are not down with this holiday, but for me, if you gotta special someone in your life then why not??  Morgan and I celebrate V-day but not in a huge grand gesture.  A small gift and a special dinner.  Since having kids we've included them on Valentine's day festivities, since we are so in love with them and we even give them gifts.  Morgan makes fun of me because I even give Nolan gifts.  But hey why not??  It is love day!!  When growing up my dad would get my sister and I flowers and chocolate for Valentine's .  I think it's important to show your kids love.  Valentine's day isn't just about husbands, wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, you can also include your family.  {end of rant } 

Well to each his own.  However you want to celebrate or not celebrate this day is all on you.  Being in Japan, I've learned their customs to celebrate Valentine's day.  It's sorta opposite of the way we celebrate.  I think most people would agree that Valentine's is mostly geared for the special woman in your life.  I even have a friend who considers it "her" holiday.  She compares it to the scale of her birthday.  {to each his own}.  But, here in Japan the custom is that the women give chocolates to their special someone.  The custom has since evolved into showing "gratitude ", so now women give chocolates to the men in their lives to express gratitude.  Not just their significant others, their family, friends, and even coworkers .  However, you don't have to feel bad for the Japanese women, they aren't going to be gift less for long. LOL In Japan they have White day.  On this day, the men who received chocolate from someone returns the favor.  The kicker is the gift they give to the woman shoul be two or 3 times the cost of the Valentine's gift!  I always thought that Valentine's day was an American tradition, I wonder what other countries celebrate it and what their customs are???

As for my Valentine's day it was pretty mellow.  Unfortunately Morgan is on duty so I haven't seen him at all.  I did wake up to flowers chocolate and a gift.  The kids got gifts and cards too.  Amelia had school.  She made her class cards and lil gifts last night.  I made the staff and teachers at her school some coconut macaroons.  Nolan had Alligator Steps class in the morning.  The rest of the day was spent eating candy and watching love movies. LOL.    Tomorrow we are going to spend our family valentine's day out shopping and eating! I can't wait.  Hope everyone enjoyed their love day!

                                  

                                            :: Who doesn't love waking up to gifts??  ::

                                   

                                                       :: coconut macaroons ::

                                    

                                                                :: my gift ::




0 comments:

Post a Comment