Saturday, April 12, 2014

Lunch with the Girls and Nolan

Last week, Nolan and I got together with some friends for dim sum lunch.  {drooling again}  I haven't had dim sum in years.  I love dim sum cuz of the variety of food.  I know some people would say, a buffet has a variety of food.  But, with a buffet you have to get up every time you want food, with dim sum the food comes to you!  I can be fat and lazy.  :P

So we made reservations at the Hotel Nikko Alivila, lunch for 4 please.   Its actually 5 min away from my house!  I can't believe I've never been there before. We were there right at 11:30 when their lunch begins.  I wanted enough time to indulge, enjoy, laugh and eat till my hearts content before I had to pick up Amelia from school.

The hotel was beautiful.  The restaurant was pretty.  The view was gorgeous.  We sat right next to the window, with a view of the water and their gorgeous church.  They even had a wedding going on. Nolan was knocked out so I was at ease during lunch.  Conversation was funny and the food was delish! There was a walk up area that had a hot tea bar, fried foods, soups, dim sum {if you couldn't wait for the carts}, desserts and a few Chinese dishes.  We started there and loaded up on a couple plates and soup bowls.  The carts quickly came after we sat down at out table.  We couldn't help but get at least one of everything.  There were so many things I've never seen at another dim sum restaurant.  I didn't even ask what most of the stuff was , I just ate it.  And I'm not sorry about it, there wasn't anything there that wasn't delish.  After a couple plates and a handful of dim sum dishes I needed a breather.  I had to give myself some room for desserts.  The desserts were more Japanese then Chinese.  I munched on green tea cookies, almond jelly, and flan.  After that I was out for the count.  I was so full it hurt.  To top that off, we were laughing so hard...didn't help my stomach situation.

It was a good time.  Lunch was 2,500 yen and definitely well worth it.  We went on a weekday and it was nice.  Not too busy and the dim sum carts were fast.  I'm going to have to take M here when he gets a day off during the week, its a must try.

                                     

      

      

      

      

                               

                                







0 comments:

Post a Comment