Thursday, April 10, 2014

Field Trip Chaperon

Since it's the month of the military child, its fitting to do a post about my recent chaperon experience with A's school.

When I was growing up, my parents were never able to come to any of my field trips.  I don't resent them for it, I understand that they were busy working and providing for our family.  I can't say that I wasn't jealous of the other kids whose parents tagged along.  I always wished my parents would come.  I know they would have if they could.

So when A's first field trip came up and her school was asking for chaperons I totally volunteered!  Right after, I immediately became nervous.  How would I handle all theses preschoolers?  I know I wouldn't be doing this alone, but the task was daunting....I'm not the best with kids. lol :)  For starters I don't have patience and I hate going to places with big crowds {unless its the mall}.  Either way, I was excited and stoked about getting to hang with my sweet pea and her school.  She was really excited too, it had been awhile since we had done something together.

Since sweet pea is attending a new school, this was actually their first field trip.  The plan was to go to the aquarium.  Its not just any aquarium, its the 3rd largest aquarium in the world.  It used to be 2nd, but a new one was built in Dubai.  We've been a handful of times before as a family so I was familiar with the place.  That put me at ease a lil bit.  For this being the first field trip this school has every put together, it was coordinated pretty nicely.  I'm sure its no picnic to plan and travel with 60 plus kids and a handful of adults.

 We traveled in nice buses up there and back.  The kids were watching Finding Nemo on the way up to get pumped for the trip.  It ended up being a beautiful spring day. We had a great time.  I loved seeing the kids light up witch each tank we visited.  I loved that A was so happy that I was there.  She made it a point to introduce me to everyone in her class.  I loved being able to talk to the teachers and staff, putting faces with names.  I loved seeing sweet pea interact with all her lil friends.  She is actually quite popular...there were lots of kids who wanted to be her walking partner. :)  It melted my heart. I literally stressed for no reason.  And I would do it again in a heartbeat.  I love that I am able to be involved with my kids' school and help when needed.

                                     

      

                            

                             




0 comments:

Post a Comment