Monday, November 26, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow, Thanksgiving is over, Black Friday is over, and Cyber Monday is over.  Holiday season is seriously in full swing.

Our Thanksgiving was pretty mellow this year.  Well all the prep for Thanksgiving at our house was madness.  Since we live in a 1000 square foot apartment in Japan, you can only imagine how small our kitchen is!!!  Luckily we actually have an oven, most people that live off-base don't have that luxury.  This is our 3rd Thanksgiving on Okinawa and every year we have more and more guest and we manage just fine.  We just have to get creative with where we prep and store our food.  Man, do I miss the big fridges, deep freezers, double ovens, and kitchen islands!!  Haha I'm terrible! 

Anyways this year we had 5 of Morgan's Junior sailors over for dinner.  We've had his junior sailors over for the holidays every year since it's really expensive to fly home most don't and we don't want them spending their holidays in the barracks.  It was quite mellow, Morgan made the full spread this year and I took care of a couple things.  I'm so glad I'm married to someone that knows their way around the kitchen.  Not only does he know his way around the kitchen, he can cook the sh*t out of anything!  Me on the other hand, don't really have a feeling for the kitchen, I just like making desserts.  So we ate, and literally right after we were all done eating his jr sailors were practically all passed out on the couch! haha That tryptophan got to them quick!  I'll admit I was a little tired too, especially since we were up super late with the prep and cleaning up.

All in all a really good Thanksgiving.  I'm thankful for my lil family and our wonderful new addition this year.  I'm thankful my husband has a job and able to support our family.  I'm thankful to have great family and friends here and in the states.  I'm hoping that next year we'll be able to spend the holiday season with our families.  Now, on to Christmas!  I've actually got a lot of my Christmas shopping done!  Usually the day after Thanksgiving we decorate the tree and the house for Christmas, we didn't get to that this year.  So we plan on doing it this weekend, can't wait!  It's the MOST wonderful time of the year!

Amelia's School Thanksgiving!
Dinner is served

Sailors of 3rd Marine Division

Getting sleepy

Amelia Asleep

My butterball sleeping

My Famous Pumpkin Cheesecake, eat your heart out Cheesecake Factory!

0 comments:

Post a Comment