Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I can't believe Thanksgiving has gone and past.  This year has just flown by.

This time of year when all the holidays start, always is hard for me.  It being the the 4th year in a row that we will be spending the holidays overseas. I wish we could be home in the states spending time with our families and friends.  I envy all the people out there who are home and spending time with their loved ones.  Thankfully we have made our own Oki family here and they are great friends that have turned into family.  We are lucky to have met them and have them in our lives.  {I digress} We really have a lot to be thankful for, not only on Thanksgiving but everyday.  God is good and has continued to bless our family.

For Thanksgiving this year we got together with the Oki fam and had a huge potluck.  We had about 12 families and a handful of single marines and sailors.  This is the first time that we've joined the Oki fam on Thanksgiving, the potluck is something we do for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  However we don't usually go to Thanksgiving, we usually have a meal at our house for Morgan's single sailors.  Anyways, we volunteered to bring a turkey, mac n cheese, and 2 of my famous pumpkin cheesecakes. Thanksgiving was really nice.  All the other ladies/gentlemen who cooked pulled out all the stops, we had a ton of food.  We had a traditional Thanksgiving and had some Filipino dishes and desserts.  It was all so delish, I must of had 3 plates and 1 plate of dessert.  I purposely wore a flowy dress so I could eat to my hearts content.  Best idea ever!  Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving!

Morgan decided to smoke the Turkey this year
Put a fork in it, Turkey is done *drool*

Prep for my famous Pumpkin cheesecake

One of my cheesecakes 


Thanksgiving Buffet 1

Thanksgiving Buffet 2

Thanksgiving Buffet 3


With all the Oki Mommies

All the kiddies

0 comments:

Post a Comment