Monday, April 20, 2015

Spring Break 2015

This year only Amelia had spring break since she goes to a DOD school.  Nolan goes to preschool out in town and they don't have a spring break.

It was really nice getting to spend alone days with Amelia. Must of the time it's me and Nolan or me and both of the kids.  It was a nice chance to get in some girl time with my favorite girl.  

Unfortunately most of the days were not great weather wise,  but we were still able to go out and do stuff.




Easter Sunday::
The kids woke up to overflowing Easter baskets and we had an egg hunt inside because it was drizzling outside.
Then we headed to church and enjoyed lunch there after service.






Okinawa Zoo & Wonder Museum::
We spent one day at the zoo and museum with our friends the Dimasaca family .  It was the perfect day since it was warm but not sunny.  I've never gone to the zoo with the kids without M.  Good think I had my friend with me!  It was a team effort. The zoo here is small and quaint.  Can easily be done in a couple hours.  However the wonder museum is where it's at!!  My kids could spend hours there.  They change the exhibits every so often so it's not the same stuff year after year.  There is stuff for kids of all ages there.  Our group of kids ranged from 2 to 9, all of them enjoyed thoroughly!


Starbucks::
There was definitely a Starbucks date or 2 that occurred this week! Amelia, a girl after my own heart, loves herself some Starbucks! After we dropped Nolan at school we headed there and got our drink fix!  Coffee for me and usually a hot chocolate and pastry for her.  It's our thang!


Beach::
Luckily we got one day at the beach!  It wasn't the sunniest of days, but it was nice!  Another thing I've never done without M.  I've always been scared to go with the kids to the beach alone, just cause they might not want to do the same things and I can't be two places.  But they were total Angels and listened really well.  We looked for sea glass, built sand castles and played in the waves!  

All in the spring break was great!  I was happy to do some sleeping in and spending one on one time with my baby girl!  Maybe next year we'll plan a trip!



0 comments:

Post a Comment