Thursday, February 23, 2012

Doc Appointment Update

Saw the Doc yesterday.  Everything seems to be going well.  So far I’ve gained 12 pounds. I’m measuring at 27cm but I’m only 24 weeks.  Apparently your belly is supposed to measure the same weeks you are, Ex) 24 weeks 24 cm.  So I’m a little big, but the doc said nothing to worry about.  So I’m happy.  Heard the baby’s heart beat, strong and fast. Haha  
I go back again in another 4 weeks for my 28th week appointment and the glucose testing. On a sad note, for my 28th week appointment I have to change docs.  Currently I see a midwife at the Naval Hospital, she is so great and sweet.  But since I’m having another c-section I have to see another doc.  She recommended someone other docs, and reassured me that the OBGYN department at this hospital is great.  I understand how military hospitals work, it’s not guaranteed that you see your same doc through your pregnancy, so I am not too sad.  I’ll meet my new doc and hopefully they will be able to schedule my surgery.
I’m nervous about the glucose test.  With Amelia I didn’t really care for sweets too much, not with this boy.  All I want is sweets.  Every time we go eat I have to get a dessert.  I try to curb my cravings by eating fruits.  I’ve been going to the market weekly to pick up fruits.  I find myself picking through Amelia’s Valentine treat leftovers.  It’s just getting nuts.  I heard the old wives-tale that if you are having a girl you crave sweets and if you are having a boy you crave savory.  Total opposite for me, when I had Amelia it was all about savory snacks and with this little boy I can’t help but want chocolate.  Either way I need to pass this glucose test, so I have to start looking elsewhere for my cravings.  I had a friend that had gestational diabetes and she didn’t speak to highly of her first pregnancy.  That kind of scared me.  Maybe I’ll buy sugar free alternatives, I need to get creative in my thinking. Haha

At work after my appointment

On a side note>>>
{TGIF, I swear the short weeks always take the longest}
{My back is killing me, I’m guessing its from the bowling ball I’m carrying under my shirt}
{This weekend I wanted to go to the Flea Market and get rid of stuff, but it’s supposed to rain.  Praying for sunshine!}

0 comments:

Post a Comment