Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sick days:(


For the past couple days I’ve been at home with my lil one.  On Monday she was feeling sick and had a bit of a temp before we put her to sleep.  When I woke up on Tuesday she had a full fledge fever of 103!  So I called in sick to work.  I always feel bad calling in sick.  If I’m not at work no one does my work so it just piles up.  But there was no way I was going to take her to school.  When Amelia is sick, usually I’m the one to call out sick.  My job is really cool and understanding so it’s easier for me.  Morgan always has a lot on his plate at work so a day off for him really sets him back.  For me it’s not that big a deal, I’d use any excuse to get out of work.  More the reason for me to stop working.

Usually when she is sick she acts like herself and plays all day.  Welp this time Amelia wasn’t really herself.   She didn’t want to do much and was tired most of the time.  I set her up in the living room with her fave shows, her blanket, and pillow.  Understandable, she is a lil girl fighting a fever.  Throughout the day I was giving her medicine on time and filling up her cup with water, Pedialite, or milk.  She didn’t feel like eating.  I contemplated making a doc app for her, but I talked to the nurse and she advised me to just monitor her and make sure she is drinking fluids.  I did as told.

Today I called in sick again.  Amelia had no fever, but she was up all night complaining her stomach hurt.  She was more herself today, but I could tell not working at 100%.  I haven’t given her any meds and still no fever, so I’m glad for that.  I’m guessing she just needed a day to rest, fine by me.  Today I totally babied her again.  I think she liked it.  I liked it too.  It’s really nice being a mom at a time when I’m usually at work.   I’m sure tomorrow I will be back at work and Amelia will be back at school.


On a side note>>>
{I contacted a housekeeping service to help me while Morgan is gone.  I got an estimate, still not sure if I want to pull the trigger.}
{One of my fave stores for Mills is having an extra 30% off, I’m trying really hard not to buy anything.}
{I <3 Facetime, it’s great living across the world and keeping in touch with family and friends}
{I’m dreading the time when Morgan leaves.}

0 comments:

Post a Comment