Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 3 Eating Clean

Today has been glorious!  I wasn't hungry once!  Haha sounds crazy?? Maybe I'm getting used to the portions and healthy food.  One thing I did notice was that I wasn't tired.  Usually I have a tough time getting up and need a nap by the time the kids take a nap.  Today that wasn't the case, I was able to just do my thang.  I even did some running around, so I had to pack a few snacks.  I'm so used to packing snacks for the kids, it was like second nature packing for myself.  I also started packing Morgan's lunch.  Keeps him on track.

Support system::

One of the biggest aspects on why I will be successful at this lifestyle change is my support system.  Morgan and I planned to do this about a month ago.  We felt like our health and our overall wellness was not at a high point.  Plus I just turned 30 and thought a lifestyle change was in order...I'm not getting any younger. Sad but true.    I'm happy that we decided to do this together.  Also, our good friends the B fam is joining us.   They actually did this cleanse last year and have always tried to talk us into doing it with them.    Its nice to be able to someone about any questions , thoughts, or concerns.  I think it's important to have a good support system.  I know it's only been 3 days, but there is no way I would have got this far without a support system. It's comforting to know that there is someone going through the same challenges you are.  

Everything I ate today ::

Breakfast | oatmeal


Snack | avocado slices with mustard

Lunch | broiled tilapia seasoned with paprika, green onions, pepper, and Mrs. Dash garlic herb 
             brown rice
            sautéed spinach with garlic


Snack | 5 oz protien shake

Dinner | grilled chicken breast marinated in cilantro, lime, and onion
             avocado slices
             homemade salsa, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, onion
             brown rice
             greens 

The chicken looks a lil crazy but it was delish.  I made the marinade in my vitamix, it was more of a sauce.

Day 3 down for the books! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment