Monday, January 20, 2014

Why are you on a diet???

This weekend was jamm packed full of activites.  There was a goodbye party, a kids birthday party, a housewarming party, and to top it off it was a 3 day weekend!  I'm still on the cleanse so I didn't want to attend these parties.  I knew there would be lots of food and adult beverages, the temptation would be too much.  I dint trust myself to go and be good.  So I opted out of ALL the activites.  Since I sidn that I couldn't make it to all of them, I started getting questioned about not going.  I told everyone thr truth , I'm eating clean for 24 days and I really want to stay on tract.  Many people tried to talk me into it, mentioned that I didn't have to drink or eat, said I should just stop by, but the biggest question I got was "why are you on a diet?"  

I'm totally aware of what I look like. I know that for someone to just look at me , me saying that I'm on a diet is pretty laughable.  What everyone doesn't know is how unhealthy I was.  I would constantly drink coke, I hate vegetables, I eat whatever, I snack all the time, and have I no regarard for nutrion. I needed a lifestyle change.  How could I teach my kids too eat well if I didn't practice the same things?  That's when I decided to do a clean eating "diet" for 24 days.  It is strict, however I think it's the jump start I need to make a lifestyle change.  In the week that I have been doing this cleanse I see so much has changed.  Even just going to the grocery store, I read more labels and find myself generally only shopping on the perimeter of the store.  

My meals over the weekend were mostly the same.  I tried a couple new things.  I did buy a NuWave infrared oven!!  We've been trying it out with a couple recipes.  One of my faves was some sweet potato fries.  Even the kids liked them!  So easy and quick to make.


:: New Toy::

:: sweet potato fries | seasoned with cinnamon, ginger, and coconut oil ::
* ketchup was there for the kids :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment