Friday, January 31, 2014

Final Friday Faves

I'm starting a new series for the final Friday of the month I'll post my faves

:: makeup ::


Nars Larger than Life Long Wear Eyeliner  in Via Veneto

love, love, love this eyeliner!  My fellow makeup addict friend told me about it months ago, but I only just got it recently because our local exchange has been sold out every time I've looked.  This eyeliner is the best, it actually stays put!  Whenever I line my waterline I'm constantly checking in the mirror to make sure it's not smudged.  The first day I wore this, I did the same thing but I didn't have to reapply or clean up any smudging!  Now, I swear by this eyeliner .  I tell anybody and everybody that wears makeup.  I've recently went back to pick up a second one, {one to keep at home and another to keep in my purse}, but of course it's sold out.  I'll have to keep checking.

:: kitchen ::


NuWave 

My hubs was actually the one who wanted to buy this.  He's been talking about it for awhile.  I've always been opposed because of our limited space in our kitchen.  I didn't want another thing to just sit on our counter tops collecting dust.  I am so sorry I waited so long on this purchase!  The NuWave has totally revolutionized the way I cook.  We initially purchased the NuWave to cook healthier for our cleanse.  I hated baking stuff in the oven, especially chicken because it came out so dry.  Not with the NuWave.  I've made the most moist chicken breasts in here and no frying at all.  Now I use it for everything!  I toast break for breakfast, I bake sweet potatoes for lunch, and then I cook fish and veggies for dinner.  It's so much easier and efficient then using the oven.  An added plus is its less energy then using the oven.  Electricity in Japan is really expensive.  I try to conserve as much as I can.  Using the NuWave is faster and more energy efficient.   Great buy!

:: kids ::


Cartoon HD app

This app is wonderful!  I saw a post in an FB group I'm in, saying that this app is free for the day it's normally $20 .  It's an app that streams movies and cartoons for kids.  My kids love this app!  My daughter , she is so awesome, she loves old school cartoons like Tom n Jerry, Pink Panther, and Sailor moon!  These shows don't show on regular TV but they are all available on this app.  I'll admit I had to watch a few episodes if Sailor moon too, brought me back to middle school! Since I've got this app I unfortunately haven't seen it available .  I tell everyone about this app, I hope it comes back!

:: home ::


Belkin Advance n900 DB wireless router

In Japan we live off base and are fortunate enough to be able to get fiber optic internet.  {I'm really not tech savey at all, but I'm told fiber optic is the fastest internet and it's not even available in the states for personal home use}. The router we used prior was not doing the job.  We constantly had to reset and would get kicked off the wifi.  We have a ton of electronics running on our wifi; tv, 2 iPads, Xbox, PS3, 2 iPhone , and a computer.  It obviously was too much to handle.  We pay a lot of money to get high speed internet and we were just wasting it away with our crappy router.  So I started researching new routers months ago.  Then on a sleepless night browsing the lighting deals {this was during Christmas time} on Amazon the Belkin N900 was on sale!  I bought it for $80, it usually retails for $140.  It has been the best $80 I've ever spent.  Since getting it set up, { I got it after New Years}, I have not had to reset it one time.  We stream Netflix with ease, we don't use up our data plans on our cell phones, our magicjack works perfect.  It's just so great. I know it's #firstsworldproblems to complain about our router, but like I said we pay a lot of money for our internet and we want to enjoy it and use it.







0 comments:

Post a Comment